Monday, January 14, 2008

The Apron

I am at the point in my weight loss adventure, where I have become really annoyed with all the extra skin that is now hanging around. Most disconcerting is the skin that is hanging off of my belly. It was there when I was 100 pounds heavier, but it kind of stuck out more and was away from my body. Now it just hangs, like an apron, and rubs against the skin underneath.

It is hot and moist under there. A happy place for bacteria and grossness. I recently have begun developing serious skin infections under the apron. It has become uncomfortable, unhealthy and I am generally unhappy about it. I have been washing, of course, and I have been using a cream to help keep the production of yeast down. But the skin itself has become very thin and splits easily. It's now time to start researching reconstructive surgery.

So I guess I will conclude this entry with two points.
If you ever decide to have this surgery
1) be prepared to be really grossed out by your weight loss
2) start saving now for reconstructive surgery