Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What The?

Sorry if I have not been keeping up to date. For the last four days I have been suffering with intense abdominal pain. The pain seemed to be located below the pouch and more in the small intestine. However, the pain was so intense that I could not eat or take my medication. I was barely able to keep water down. Sometimes the pain would wake me up in the early hours of the morning. It was so bad, I would just lay in bed panting. I discovered that using a heating pad helped, but nothing really took the pain away. Trust me, I was unhappy and very cranky. Chris was really worried, as was my Mom. She called me twice a day to check up on me. Chris would not leave the house.

The good news is that I am feeling right as rain as of today and I do have an appointment to see Dr. Hagen tomorrow.

I have no idea why this happened. The only thing that I can think of was I spent a few days away from home and was not sleeping properly. I think the combination of exhaustion and stress just obliterated my body's ability to cope with my new digestive system.

I should have realized this earlier. I mean, before the surgery, if I became overtired or overstressed, I would have a minor Crohn's flair up. I guess my sensitivity to sleep deprivation and stress is even more precarious now.

I will have to be more careful in the future and make sure I get my 8 hours of beauty rest. As Chris says "Meditate baby. Be one with the world." Easier said than done!