Monday, July 30, 2007

Six Week Update

June 19, 2007


July 31, 2007


So, where are we now? Well, recently I went for an Upper GI x-ray just to confirm that there isn't any narrowing at the junction of the pouch and small intestine. I will be getting the results next week. My blood pressure is 120/70! Finally, it is down where it should be. I am going to consult with my new endocrinologist as to whether or not I can start coming off of some of my blood pressure medications. Woo Hoo! Ones less pill to take!

Chris and I have joined the Toronto Central YMCA and have been participating daily in Deep Water Aquafit classes together. (By the way, my bathing suit fits again!) I am feeling a bit sore, but enjoying the exercise buzz that I get. Chris and I joke a lot while in the pool, which makes the exercise part more enjoyable. I have also been participating in a weekly Tai Chi class and really enjoying it. My energy level seems to be increasing as well. I still have to take a nap around 2:00, but generally I am feeling good.

I am having less difficulty eating. Foods like tuna, cooked vegetables, cheese, soups, pancakes, crackers, milk, poached eggs and English muffins are easily consumed. I am considering including red meats in my diet during the next week. However, I still have difficulty swallowing pills. They just kind of sit in my stomach and make me feel heavy and full. Not a very pleasant feeling.

To date, I have lost 44lbs. I am still having difficulty seeing it but I am experiencing funny little reminders that the weight is going. The other day, while I was driving, I was having difficulty depressing the clutch and had to move my seat up so that I could reach the pedals. Another fun reminder took place at the movie theater last Thursday. When I sat down in the chair, I realized that I actually had shuffle room!