Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bra Fitting or Everthing you wanted to know about my boobs but were afraid to ask!

I had my first bra fitting after the surgery! What a fun experience. I went to Secrets from Your Sister. The store is well organized and uncluttered, with displays of most of the bras available. I was put on a list for a fitting and when my name was called I was taken to a spacious fitting room by Erin.

As a sidebar, I must confess that I did tell Erin about my weight loss and the fact that I still had a considerable amount of excess skin around my tummy. I'm not exactly sure why I had to tell her that, but I think it was because I was uncomfortable undressing in front of her without some type of justification as to my shape (which I would liken to a wobbly pear). As much as I hate to admit it, all the extra (unsightly) skin on my body is bothering me and playing havoc with my self-esteem.

I was measured and my first bra was brought to me. It fit! Not beautifully, but it fit. And after trying on several bras we concluded that I am a 38D or a 40C, depending on the bra. (By the way, I have to tell you that the service was amazing. If you have to buy a new bra, I highly recommend having a fitting done at Secrets from Your Sister.) Truly, I had a great time. The first two that I chose were a no nonsense bra called Fit Fully Yours. I needed something super comfortable, easy to wear and care for due to my work with young children. I picked the bra up in black and beige. The next bra was a cute hounds-tooth number that fit so comfortably that I just had to have it. It was a model that they no longer carry so


Ta Da!






So now I have a fabulous collection of bras that feel and look great and the most wonderful part about the whole thing was the price. I paid so little for the bras. You have to understand that I am use to buy bras that are $160 a pop. There purchases came to $140! This has been the least painful experience so far!

4 comments:

MezzoDiva said...

Vava and Voom!
XO - R

Carol said...

Just clicked over from Mezzodiva's. Yay! You go girl. The bra is really nice. I can see why you got it!

As for the whole morphine addiction malarky after your surgery. That irritates me to no end. i am a pharmacist and I can tell you a couple of things. First off, people in pain react differently to addicts when given narcotics. Second, morphine is just as addictive as oxycodone, it's just the Oxycontin formula that is the problem. Unfortunately, many doctors don't realize that. I will try to dig out some articles for you to support your stance on the correct painkiller for you and forward them to Mezzodiva for you. Since your next surgery looks like it's still a few months away, a bit of a delay getting the articles won't matter.

Keep it up. i am impressed!

Haley said...

nice rack!

SYLVIE said...

I'm going for my surgery in November (waiting for the official date) and I've been reading your blog for a while. I live in Ontario so I'm getting a lot of information. I wanted to say thanks and you're looking great!