Friday, October 17, 2008

Bye-bye tattoo?

In my mid-thirties, I celebrated an significant change in my life by getting a tattoo.  It is on my lower back.  I got it there long before it became fashionable.  It is  a design of my own creation, and though slightly flawed in it's execution, it holds great meaning to me. 




As I began to consider the lower body lift surgery, I began to wonder; will be able to keep the tattoo?  Even more basic that that; do I want to keep the tattoo?   

I have decided to ask the surgeon to completely remove the tattoo, when be works on "lifting" my backside.  Though the tattoo has a lot of meaning for me, I think that it is time to get a new one.  Something that marks this momentous transformation in my life. 

Now, I just have to talk about this with the surgeon.

No comments: