Sunday, November 2, 2008

San Jose, Costa Rica?

So I am just going to lay it out for you because there is no good way to introduce this subject without people saying "Are you ******* nuts! You're going where?"

I am going to have my Lower Body Lift surgery done in Costa Rica. There I said it. So now let me explain how this is going to work.

It all started with the quote of $17,000.00 for the Lower Body Lift in Ontario. I knew that prices were high, but I did not expect it to be so high. With the inclusion of the excess skin removal of the upper arms and the inner thighs, the total became a whopping $ 31,000.00. Needless to say, I was acutely upset about the entire situation.

When I happened to mention this to my family doctor, she informed me of the Rosenstock - Lieberman Centre in San Jose, Costa Rica and the success of her procedures. Since Dr. Andrew has been my family Doctor for 17 years (and a good one, I might add) I decided to follow up on her suggestion and looked into the centre. I started with the web site Health Escapes. I filled in the questionnaire and was sent a quote from Nora Allen who is the Patient Coordinator at the Rosenstock - Lieberman Centre. For the Lower Body Lift and all it entailed the cost would be $10,000 (US) with a $500 (US) discount if I paid in cash.

Upon further research I found out that the flight would be $889.00 (CAN) and the recover accommodations at Casa De La Mariposa would cost a total of $975.00 (US). At the time the Canadian dollar was a lot higher and the exchange rate was a lot better, so I really believed that I was greeting a fantastic deal. Today, the Canadian dollar is not as good, but still. So in total I would be spending 13,600.00 (CAN).

I did all the research that I could on Dr. Rashi Rosenstock and Dr. Joseph Cohen and even joined a Yahoo Group that discusses solely the goings on at the Rosenstock - Lieberman Clinic. I still think that I am making a good decision.

The next entry will discuss the finer points of this adventure.

1 comment:

George Koch said...

I lost some weight and had some liposuction on my thighs. My skin is currently detached and saggy, yet look decent in apparel. I anticipate doing the easier body lift (thighs, butt and tummy tuck) in the following 6 months. I simply need see what you encounter was with it. Mending, appearance, what you encountered at surgery. If you don't mind just answer on the off chance that you had the surgery. I understand it is not for everybody, so kindly don't remark unless you have something positive to impart. Much appreciated
thanks
Smita sharma