Friday, June 12, 2009

Response from Dr. Whiting

Dear Ms. Mancini,

Thank you for your interest in the Deep Brain Stimulation for Refractory Obesity Clinical Trial currently underway. This is a very limited trial in that the FDA approved only three subjects to be enrolled. We have closed the study to enrollment at this time.

We have been encouraged by the response of people who understand what our goals are in the study. It will be several years before we have any firm data to report publicly.

Thank you for your encouragement.

Sincerely,
Donald Whiting, M.D.



I am happy/surprised that my letter was acknowledged. Honestly, I thought that I would not have heard a response at all. I recognize that Dr. Whiting can't really give any advise, but I had hoped for more insight into preventing binge eating while waiting for the results from his study. So I weight (pun intended)

No comments: