Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Emergency Room

I have been throwing up now for 8 days straight. Yes, I have been to the doctor's and I do have a scope scheduled. So there is not a damn thing I can do. In the meantime, ever time I put something in my mouth I start throwing up. And not just once or twice. I throw up about every 20 minutes for 6 - 8 hours.

Last night it started again. I just could not face another night of agony and sleeplessness so I asked Chris to take me to the emergency room. I knew that they were not going to find anything, but I just really wanted them to make the vomiting stop. Eight hours later I got to go home. My blood pressure was fine and the black substance I was vomiting was not blood but acid from my gut. I didn't have any blockages in either my stomach or bowels. They gave me something to stop the vomiting and pumped 4 liters of fluids into me. They also gave me a prescriptions to stop the nausea at home while I am waiting for the scope. Not the best time in my life but at least today I can drink water and keep it down. Maybe tomorrow will be better.