Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Baby got less back"

I love wearing pajamas. They are light, comfortable and I love buying them in outrageous colours and patterns. I often putter around in them all day long; if I can get away with it. So you won't be too surprised if I tell you that the other day, around noon or so, as I was getting a glass of water for myself I couldn't, for the the life of me, figure out why I was walking on the last 3 inches of my pajama bottoms. I shrugged it off and decided that they had just slipped a bit from the way I had been moving and thought nothing else of it.

About and hour later I decided to go upstairs to check my emails and as I began to climb the stairs my pajamas, yet again, started to puddle around my feet and trip me up. As I continued to climb I mused as to why , all of a sudden, my p.j.'s were now way to long for me. I mean I was suppose to be losing weight not losing height, right?

By the time I got to the fourth floor I had realized that because I had begun to loose weight around my belly and butt, my pajamas no longer needed as much cloth to cover those areas and as a result my pajama legs had lengthened! Thus the reason why my pajamas were now too long for my legs. An unexpected result of weight loss.

When I told Shelna about this little adventure her quip was, "Baby got less back". Less back indeed!